Dunstone has developed a complete line of Hi-Shrink Tubing solutions designed to help companies in multiple industries achieve specific production goals. These include our FEP shrink tubes, PVC shrink tubes, and PET shrink tubes. While FEP is ideally suited as a release layer for mandrels, bladders, and other systems, the others provide additional characteristics that make them useful in a variety of other applications.
For example, our PET shrink tube products (polyethylene terephthalate) are excellent for use in sleeving products to serve as a protective barrier. This is just the beginning of their overall benefits, however. Here, we’ll explore several of the key advantages that PET shrink tubing provides for companies looking for a protective sleeving or dielectric barrier solution for their products.
Experience PET Firsthand: Request a complimentary sample of PET shrink tubing here.
Advantages of PET Shrink Tubes
- Extremely High Shrink — Designed to shrink significantly so it properly sleeves your products, PET shrink tubing has the highest shrink level of our entire tubing portfolio. It features a shrink percentage of up to 70% — more than double our next highest shrink tubing, PVC, which caps out at around 35%.
- Lower Shrink Temperature — Shrink initiates quickly and easily at a rapidly achievable 60ºC (140ºF) temperature. This means PET shrink tubing can quickly begin to shrink with just a heat gun or oven, making the production process more efficient, while also protecting the products being sleeved from higher temperatures.
- Rapid Shrink — Thanks to the lower shrink temperature, our PET shrink tubes also shrink incredibly quickly. This allows production workers and processes to move more smoothly, sleeving more products and shortening overall manufacturing time.
- Linear Seamed — Our PET shrink tubes are linear seamed along the length of the tube, which provides flexibility in sizing. This ensures that whether you need a shorter length or a fairly long piece of tubing for your application, you’ll only have a minor seam that is visible after the shrinking process has been completed.
- Customization — Along with our other shrink tube products, our PET shrink tubes can be customized to your exact application and what performance outcomes you want to achieve. We can also support your supply needs, such as providing PET shrink tubes on spools of continuous lengths up to 2,000 feet. Simply connect with our team to discuss your application, and we’ll work on a solution.
- Dielectric Protection — If your application involves products containing electrical current that must be prevented from traveling to other materials, PET shrink tubes are a great solution. Their dielectric properties mean they don’t allow current to flow. This protects other materials that might come into contact with the product.
- Wear Resistance — Depending on your product, you may need a solution to cover it throughout its lifespan. Thanks to the sheer flexibility of PET shrink tubes, this material is the ideal choice for getting the right size and protective properties needed.
Work with Dunstone for Your PET Shrink Tube Needs
Whether you’re looking to sleeve batteries, want a cover to protect a part or product from wear, or are looking for a dielectric sleeving solution, the Dunstone team is here to help. We have a long legacy of manufacturing innovative shrink tape and shrink sleeve solutions for multiple industries that keep the world moving. In every relationship and project, our team works closely with you to identify the right material for your application — or we’ll customize one if needed. Our goal is to provide a material that will meet and exceed your needs while remaining cognizant of your budget parameters.
It all starts with a complimentary sample of our Hi-Shrink Tapes and Hi-Shrink Sleeves. Simply get in touch with us and describe your application, and we’ll send out a free sample for you to try. We’re confident that once you sample our tapes and sleeves, you’ll continue working with us for years to come. And because we’re able to provide high-performing solutions for many competing product types, you can rely on us to deliver when other options are unavailable or in short supply.