.0014" Heat Shrink Polyester Tape
Hi-Shrink Tape is a tough, flexible, heat shrinkable polyester film.
When wrapped around an object and heated, Hi-Shrink Tape has the unique ability to shrink and apply pressure to the surface of composite parts. This simple method of pressure application is used to advantage in many industries. Our 140 Series tapes were specifically designed for a customer in the high voltage coil industry. The .00140" thick tapes is the perfect compromise in tensile strength and cost. This tape comes in variable shrink percentages and with double sided or single sided release.
- .0014” (0.035mm) thick Polyester film
- Available on 1.5” (38mm) ID or 3.0” (76mm ) ID cores
- Standard widths of 0.5” (12mm) wide up to 2.5” (63.5mm) wide
- Good film for thin walled composite parts
- Applies low to moderate shrink force depending on shrink % that you specify
- Thin film minimizes height of ‘cello lines’ on cured part
- Commonly used for consolidating electrical coils
- Suitable for cure temperatures up to 330°F (165°C)
- Available in non-coated, 1-side, or 2-side release coated versions
- Custom slit widths and roll lengths available upon request
- Available shrink percentage ranges from 5% up to 20% shrink, and is customized to your application based on amount of compaction force required
Up to 165°C