High-Temperature Shrink Tube
Hi-Shrink FEP Tubing
- Ideal for tooling/mandrel release
- Unidirectional heat shrinkable tube for conformity to mandrels
- Release film-grade fluorinated ethylene propylene
- Custom sizing starting at 64mm layflat
- Custom spool lengths up to 500+ feet
- 10% shrink with low shrink force to allow inflatable mandrels to be unrestricted
- Decreased foreign object debris with increased productivity vs traditional film wrapping
-Easy shrink initiation by heat gun or oven. Starts at 35°C
Heat shrink FEP tubing is designed for tooling applications where the outer tool surface is required to be covered with a release film prior to composite part lay-up.
Typically, hand taping of large, uniform cross-sectional tools is time consuming and costly, especially in the Aerospace industry. FEP high-temperature shrink tubing helps reduce tool prep and part lay-up time by allowing operators to ‘sleeve’ the tool with the release film tubing. Application of heat initiates tube shrinkage and results in a tight, uniform film covering on the tool surface.
- Thinner tubing wall (0.043mm vs 0.10mm) than the competitors’ product, helps eliminate bladder distortion when used over inflatable tooling. Lower shrink force exerted on the bladder allows for better bladder expansion during cure, reducing porosity inside of cured composite parts.
- Large diameter continuous lengths of tubing up to 500mm layflat width (1/2 the perimeter) and up to 1000’ continuous.
- Shrinks up to 66% faster when compared to competitors tubing, reducing labor time in tool prep area.
- Longer roll lengths help end user decrease waste and minimize splicing of tubing on parts
- .002”-.010” thick RED FEP Film
- 10% shrink ratio (in diameter only), 0% shrinkage in length
- Custom Sizes are Available
Contact us for a sample of our heat shrink FEP tubing.
Reducing Cost, Labor and Headaches
Dunstone heat shrinkable release liners are an excellent alternative to the afore mentioned hand-taping of traditional release films, but also as an alternative to release adhesive tapes common in todays aerospace applications. Our shrinkable release film can be made up to 8" in diameter which allows us to serve a whole host of applications that would typically be relegated to a hodgepodge of other processes. Further more, with our heat shrink FEP, ETFE and other release film products, you can substantially reduce foreign object debris and mark-off over taped-on release liners due to the fact that our tubes only have a small seam to contend with.
In many instances our customers have found the Hi-Shrink FEP to be a highly valuable method of treating high volume components like airplane stringers. We can provide long continuous lengths from 500-1000 feet to meet your operation parameters. We have also successfully developed tapered or near-fit tubes for specialty applications.
Pair our Heat Shrink FEP with most Smart Tooling or rubber bladder applications and achieve truly reliable, effective and easy release in some of the most demanding applications. Now available as custom made non-shrink preforms!