Hi-Shrink FEP Tubing
- Ideal for tooling/mandrel release
- Unidirectional heat shrinkable tube for conformity to mandrels
- Release film-grade fluorinated ethylene propylene
- Custom sizing starting at 64mm layflat
- Custom spool lengths up to 500+ feet
- 10% shrink with low shrink force to allow inflatable mandrels to be unrestricted
- Decreased foreign object debris with increased productivity vs traditional film wrapping
-Easy shrink initiation by heat gun or oven. Starts at 35°C
Heat shrink FEP tubing is designed for tooling applications where the outer tool surface is required to be covered with a release film prior to composite part lay-up.
Typically, hand taping of large, uniform cross-sectional tools is time consuming and costly, especially in the Aerospace industry. FEP high-temperature shrink tubing helps reduce tool prep and part lay-up time by allowing operators to ‘sleeve’ the tool with the release film tubing. Application of heat initiates tube shrinkage and results in a tight, uniform film covering on the tool surface.
- Thinner tubing wall (0.043mm vs 0.10mm) than the competitors’ product, helps eliminate bladder distortion when used over inflatable tooling. Lower shrink force exerted on the bladder allows for better bladder expansion during cure, reducing porosity inside of cured composite parts.
- Large diameter continuous lengths of tubing up to 500mm layflat width (1/2 the perimeter) and up to 1000’ continuous.
- Shrinks up to 66% faster when compared to competitors tubing, reducing labor time in tool prep area.
- Longer roll lengths help end user decrease waste and minimize splicing of tubing on parts
- .002”-.010” thick RED FEP Film
- 10% shrink ratio (in diameter only), 0% shrinkage in length
- Custom Sizes are Available
Contact us for a sample of our heat shrink FEP tubing.