.005" Heat Shrink Polyester Tape
Hi-Shrink Tape is a tough, flexible, heat shrinkable polyester film.
When wrapped around an object and heated, Hi-Shrink Tape has the unique ability to shrink and apply pressure to the surface of composite parts. This simple method of pressure application is used to advantage in many industries. When maximum compressive force is needed, we have you covered with our 500 Series tapes. Capable of producing immense pressure with/without release coating.
- .005” (0.0125mm) thick Polyester film
- Available on 1.5” (38mm) ID or 3.0” (76mm ) ID cores
- Standard widths of 0.5” (12mm) wide up to 2.5” (63.5mm) wide
- Good film for thicker walled composite parts
- Applies low to moderate shrink force depending on shrink % that you specify
- Thin film minimizes height of ‘cello lines’ on cured part
- Commonly used for consolidating large Composite tubing, flexible ductwork and silicone hoses during cure
- Suitable for cure temperatures up to 330°F (165°C)
- Available in non-coated, 1-side, or 2-side release coated versions
- Custom slit widths and roll lengths available upon request
- Available shrink percentage ranges from 5% up to 20% shrink, and is customized to your application based on amount of compaction force required
Up to 165°C