Hi-Shrink Tape is a tough, flexible, heat shrinkable polyester film.
When wrapped around an object and heated, Hi-Shrink Tape has the unique ability to shrink and apply pressure to the surface of composite parts. This simple method of pressure application is used to advantage in many industries.
- .001” (0.025mm) thick Polyester film
- Available on 1.5” (38mm) ID or 3.0” (76mm ) ID cores
- Standard widths of 0.5” (12mm) wide up to 2.5” (63.5mm) wide
- Good film for thin walled composite parts
- Applies low to moderate shrink force depending on shrink % that you specify
- Thin film minimizes height of ‘cello lines’ on cured part
- Commonly used for consolidating flexible ductwork and silicone hoses during cure
- Suitable for cure temperatures up to 330°F (165°C)
- Available in non-coated, 1-side, or 2-side release coated versions
- Custom slit widths and roll lengths available upon request
- Available shrink percentage ranges from 5% up to 20% shrink, and is customized to your application based on amount of compaction force required
Up to 165°C