HI-SHRINK POLYIMIDE TAPE 208X
H-SHRINK POLYIMIDE 208X is a heat shrinkable polyimide tape possessing much higher temperature capabilities than any other shrinkable tape on the market today. HI-SHRINK Polyimide is often used as a high temperature electrical insulation material, as well as a processing aid where compressive force is needed at cure temperatures above 170°C.
HI-SHRINK POLYIMIDE is a modified polyimide that shrinks in the MD, or machine direction, when heated. The tape will begin to shrink at approximately 70°C, and will reach its maximum shrink percentage at 350°C.
Dunstone HI-SHRINK POLYIMIDE can also be supplied in perforated form, with punched holes on 1/4" (6mm) staggered centers.
208X tape is frequently used in consolidation of high voltage coils to achieve a smooth, consistent surface finish on the coil, and is usually not removed.
In advanced composite applications, Hi-Shrink Polyimide 208X is useful when curing thermoplastics such as PEEK and PPS resin systems. The tape provides compaction and release at temperatures up to 750°F (400°C).
- Thicknesses .002"
- Max Shrink percentage 12%
- Shrink Percentage at 150°C 8%
- Shrink Percentage at 350°C 12%
- Starts to shrink @ 158°F (70°C)
- Standard Slit widths (0.5" up to 2.5"). Custom widths, both narrow & wide web available upon request
- Mechanical Usage Temperatures up to 400°C
- Electrical Usage Temperatures up to 220°C
- Available Perforated
- Highest temperature shrinkable film available
- Can function as both mechanical compressive layer and di-electric insulation.
- Enables multiple methods for adjusting compressive force on the part
- Helps provide smooth corner radii in HV hot pressed coils
HI-SHRINK POLYIMIDE TAPE starts shrinking around 70°C and has been used in applications up to 400°C. If left unrestrained, Polyimide HI-SHRINK TAPE will shrink 8% after 15 minutes at 150°C. Dunstone can adjust the film thickness and shrink percentage to customize a tape to your specific application.