Hi-Shrink Tape is a tough, flexible, heat shrinkable polyester film.
When wrapped around an object and heated, Hi-Shrink Tape has the unique ability to shrink and apply pressure to the surface of composite parts. This simple method of pressure application is used to advantage in many industries.
- .003” (0.075mm) thick Polyester film
- Available on 1.5” (38mm) ID or 3.0” (76mm ) ID cores
- Standard widths of 0.5” (12mm) wide up to 2.5” (63.5mm) wide
- .003” (0.075mm) film thickness provides higher shrink forces than 100, 140, and 200 Series tapes
- Applies variable shrink force based on shrink % that you specify, and amount of layers you apply
- Easy application and easy removal from cured parts
- Commonly used in Marine applications such as manufacturing of masts and booms, whisker, and spinnaker poles
- Available in non-coated, 1-side, or 2-side release coated versions
- Custom slit widths and roll lengths available upon request
- Available shrink percentage ranges from 5% up to 20% shrink, and is customized to your application based on amount of compaction force required
- Suitable for cure temperatures up to 165°C
Up to 165°C
Shrink force vs temperature graph
Click product numbers on left to change graph